12/07/2007

Year to date bike mileage at +4000 miles

This is an all time high for me, last year I did approximately 2000 miles, but this year I really blew that out. Part of it is that I'm getting more focused on a regular training schedule, so some of the miles are indoors, on the trainer. But I can only take so much of that, even with my recorded rides playing and the tunes cranking. The other part was that I got more involved with the bike club that I belong to (Spring City Spinners) and attended more Century rides this year than I ever had in the past. I rode at least 2 x 10o mile rides and 3 metric century rides this past summer. So all of that, plus weekly and weekend rides brought the grand total above 4000.

This week I fell a little behind my weekly average, due to my bike being in the shop, but it's back now and ready for the next month of RyJax (AKA Spinning & Yoga - it was called Spoga, but I think someone else registered that name).

I just joined an new affiliate program for a product called RoadID. I think the product is a great idea is and I have one on order. You can check them out yourself by clicking on the RoadID widget under my Profile on the right. A percentage of each RoadID you purchase is donated to charity (the website has an option to let you pick from several different choices).

Safe riding all (weather permitting)

2 comments:

JoeB said...

Hey, congratulations of the high mileage! I'm starting a project next year to force myself to get out on the bike every day - I'm calling it Year of the Bike, and if I meet my minimum mileage goals, it'll be a 1500 mile year for me for the first time. I hope to get up to a 4000 mile year someday.

Brian N. said...

great job!..I started riding my bike on June 01, 2007 when I got my speedometer and I was up to 3,450mi by June 01, 2008. It was a joy to ride, especially outside with music. Some of my favorite accomplishments were riding 60+ miles a day for 9 straight days and for reaching 1,251 miles in the month of January. My one day biking record is 100mi and today I just reached my 4000th mile.