8/29/2008

Cracked carbon frame - False Alarm

I had a little scare last night, while checking over my bike I found a hairline crack in the left chain stay close to the bottom bracket. I was looking forward to some riding this weekend, so over my lunch hour I ran the bike in to my local bike shop. Luckily it's just cracked paint. But it took some punishment, while they checked it out, that I wouldn't normally try. While putting it back together they even trued up my rear wheel, Transition is a great bike shop.

Last weekend was a great time, I rode the 100 mile route of Cream City Cycle Clubs Century. The ride data is post here in my blog under the Motionbased section to the right. Here are a few pictures that my son took during the ride.

Yes I was bringing up the rear, I was averaging around 15-16 MPH


I'm somewhere a little over halfway into the ride


2nd shot of a quick "ride by"

The weather was fantastic with temps in the mid to high 70's and SW winds only around 8-10 MPH. I heard that Cream City had a great turnout with around 600 riders. Hopefully we'll have equally good weather for our clubs - Pedal The Kettle tour on Sept 21st.

No comments: