11/17/2007

Harry Houdini a Superhero?

It's been a busy week, so not as much time on the trainer as I would have liked. I was out a couple of days for training, down in Chicago. However, the train ride down did give me the opportunity to get a good start on a new audio book called; The Secret life of Houdini: The Making of America's First Superhero. So far it's been very good, exploring Houdini's early life, his early interest in locks as well as being apprenticed to a locksmith in Appleton, WI. I don't want to give to much away, but the authors paint a convincing picture that Harry was, by association, one of the first international spies for America's fledgling Secret Service. I'm about half way through the book, but so far I'd recommend it if you've had any interest in Houdini.

The third week of RyJax was the busiest yet. All the CompuTrainers were filled today and there were a few people who brought their own (cycleops or rollers) in order to participate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fascinating, is this a recent book? Have to check it out.

fullcarbonbike said...

Looks like the Hardcover edition of the book came out last year, Oct. 2006, I'm not sure about the audio book. I heard about it on one of the podcasts from http://twit.tv