6/23/2015

Start of organized ride season for me

I completed the first of two rides that I plan to do this summer.  The first was the Horribly Hilly Hundreds 2015.  I did the "100K" route again this year.  The course was a little tougher, with ~7,000ft of climbing within ~72mile route (a little longer due to some detours because of road work).  I bettered my climb up Mounds Park Rd by almost 4 minutes over my last years time of ~20 minutes. Strava says it s Cat 3 climb from the very bottom all the way to the top at the Blue Mounds State Park parking lot.

Club Jersey with my HHH Bib number.

I still had the 11-32 cassette with a long cage derailleur installed on my Specialized Tarmac.  I also the arm coolers again (for UV protection).  The temperatures during the day were pretty good, maybe lo to mid 70s, but we did have rain and wet roads, and some light to moderate winds.  I also had a set of Carbon (Zipp brand) wheels (loaned to me from a friend) for the ride, which may have help contribute to my reduce time for the Mound Park Rd climb

The next ride on the schedule is the Wright Stuff in July (that ride was moved up this year from it's usual date in Sept.

No comments: