3/17/2007

Back in the saddle

I've been doing a lot of indoor riding this year. But last week we had some unseasonably warm weather and I was able to get outside for a couple of rides, it was great.

I also took on a new "part-time" job as the webmaster for out bike clubs website. It's always interesting to take over the administration of someone else's systems (I was a UNIX admin is a previous life) or a website. I'm not really a web designer, but I know how to access the system, update files, etc, so that should be enough for now. I really want to look into why the calendar pages load so slowly, but that will come after I get some of the informational pages updated.

For instance this years Pedal the Kettle is coming up in September and that page needs to be updated, so that those want to attend, can plan well advance of they event, and get it on their ride calendars. It's a great event, lots of home made cookies at the rest stops, the route follows roads in the Kettle Moraine area that surrounds Waukesha County. The PTK is a supported bicycle tour that has 30, 60 and 100 mile options. Full details will be available at http://www.springcityspinners.com in the next few weeks, as the club firms up all the arrangements.

There may be some slight variations in the layout of the course (depending on road construction), but you can see last years route and the elevation profile (of the 100 mile option) at http://www.routeslip.com/routes/7575

Safe riding all.

No comments: