The question I'd invariably get was, "Why do you have two bike computer?" The engineer in me would answer "For redundancy!". But the truth is, I liked the computer (Planet Bike Protege 8.0) that I bought with my SPECIALIZED Allez, nice large display with a 4 line, easy to read LCD display. The second computer a Cateye Astrale 8 came later and was monitoring cadence and the rear tire speed (for my indoor/trainer riding). By the way, there was a third computer, an older model Polar Heart Rate monitor (wrist unit).
So, as I've done in my job, I needed to put together the requirements for a computer consolidation. My requirements;
- A single computer capable of monitoring all of the following;
- Heart Rate
- Wireless sensors (I don't want to deal with the cables)
- Large LCD digits (these eyes aren't getting any younger)
- 1.5 ft for the wheel speed sensor
- 2.5 ft for the cadence sensor
With the computer positioned there, it's now well within range of all the sensors. I was even able to get out yesterday for a short ride to make sure everything was working.
All the products that I've have mentioned in my blog are products that I personally own and use for my day to day bicycle riding.