11/16/2006

To busy to blog?

That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's kind of like being to busy to catch a cold, it's the good kind of busy, which is way better than the alternative. I've had lots of customer meetings the last few weeks, some are interested in storage solutions, everything from some additional storage (Sun StorageTek 3510 FC) to a solution to replace an optical WORM archiving system (SUN StorageTek 5320 NAS). I've also been busy doing some Total Cost of Ownership studies, these are time consuming, but they're interesting to perform and the benefits can be huge when comparing the costs of older hardware, power consumption and performance and factoring in virtualization, whether it's Solaris Containers or vmware.

On the biking front, my schedule and the shorter days have kept me from riding as much as I would like, but I have been using my trainer (Cyclops fluid2) and some video (that I shot with my miniDV camera mounted on the bike this past summer) as as motivation.

No comments: