49 and counting, it doesn't seem possible that I've been around that long. I don't feel too bad though, after taking the Realage Test, my score was;
Have a look at what was happening the year that I was born.
- Iceland agreeds, formally, to make the U.S. responsible for its defense.
- The Beaver Valley Nuclear Generating Station in Pennsylvania, the first nuclear facility to generate electricity in the United States, went on line.
- Humble Oil (which became Exxon) announces a price increase of 35 cents per barrel, the first crude oil price jump since 1953.
- Sen. John F. Kennedy was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for his book Profiles in Courage.
- A toilet tank is first seen on a national TV series (but not the bowl for a few more years)
- The Soviet Union launches Sputnik, the first artificial satellite.
- The Adventures of Superman series ended.
This weekend is the club members only PTK Preview. I'm planning on doing the Ride Lead duties for the 100 mile option and riding the route.